Sunday, October 15, 2006

Three Weeks and Counting

Only three weeks to the marathon, and at least today, I'm feeling pretty good about it. I ran a solid 15 miles in Rock Creek Park, on a course that started with a tough 2 mile uphill and I felt strong from the start through the end. It was a beautiful fall day here, which made the run that much more fun. I only hope the weather is as pleasant for the race.
Yesterday was equally beautiful, so I took advantage of the sun and Melissa's bike, and rode to Silver Spring to meet Megan for coffee as my weekend cross training. But, all this running has me overestimating myself! It took me twice as long to get there as I had anticipated, and I certainly wouldn't have made it all the way home on the bike before sunset--I'm really not much of a biker! Thankfully, Adam and his huge empty van came to my rescue; he picked me and my bike up and brought me home :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashamedly, I've been absent from most of Naomi's recent runs, which is why I've only been able to get my name into her posts for my chauffeuring services. And in the time I've been out of the loop, Naomi has racked up some of her best runs! I think when I finally get out there again on Tuesday, I'll have a hard time just keeping pace with this running machine...

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, my bike got a shout out. I love my bike. It's almost as old as I am, and it traveled all the way from California with me on the back of my car. I'm so glad Naomi got to use my bike because it's the best!!!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home