Sunday, October 22, 2006

Falling

I realize the term "falling" usually refers to apple picking, hayrides, and visits to pumpkin patches, but I'll extend it here to include general appreciation of the sights and smells of fall. So, it was a weekend of falling. On Saturday, for my cross training, Adam and I went out for a 5 mile hike at Catoctin Mountain in central Maryland. Adam hurt his back recently, and the doctor recommended brisk uphill walking, while I was looking for a way to stretch my stiff knee (and Will, good luck with your recovery. Have you done any biking while you stay off your hip?). We saw some beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and the lovely if somewhat crowded Cunningham Falls. On the way home, we stopped off at an orchard for cider, which I intend to mull properly at some point, but I've only managed to warm it up in the microwave so far. And, I made apple crisp with the remaining batch of apples that Adam and I picked several weeks ago. It was the perfect fall morning.
Today, I went for my long run, 12 miles this time. The run was smooth and the weather just got better and better through my two hours out. It really hit me today that in two weeks, I'll actually be running the MARATHON! And for the first time, I feel ready to conquer it. I'm excited!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you too naoms!!! glad to hear things are going great. can't wait to see you in NYC! :-)

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for falling!!! (except for my crappy pumpkins that rotted within a couple of day of being picked) I love falling though (except for the kids).

6:15 PM  
Blogger billklee said...

i've never heard of "falling" in my life. that's california for ya!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home