Friday, November 10, 2006

A Few Last Words

Well, it's time to retire the blog, but not before a few last thank yous:
Thanks to Megan and Adam's parents for their donations before the marathon, and to Sara and Bette afterward. With Sara and Bette's contribution, the total to Save the Children increased to $1188, or $1554 in all for both charities!
And to respond to Will's request, I'm including the songs I found most inspiring below (not including the ones already mentioned elsewhere on the blog, though, and in no particular order:)
Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2 (After Life is a Highway, this is my next new favorite running song. It was the first song on when I began and came on twice more over the course of the race. I hope the title reflects some of my reasons for completing the marathon.)
Lighters Up - Lil Kim (which came on, fittingly, when I was in Brooklyn)
Everything I Need - Melissa Ferrick (the greatest feel good song of all time, in my opinion)
The Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Dirrty and Can't Hold Us Down - Christina Aguilera
Never There and The Distance (obviously!)- Cake
Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Karma - Alicia Keys
Mi Bombon - Cabas
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Passionate Kisses - Mary Chapin Carpenter
La Vida Es Una Carnaval - Celia Cruz
Run to You - Bryan Adams
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Breathe - Michelle Branch
Give It Up to Me - Sean Paul
Need a Boss - Shareefa
Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado
Estoy Aqui and Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
Street Dreams - Nas
Learning to Fly - Tom Petty
Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
(what can I say, I'm an Upstate New York girl at heart :)
Runnin' - Pharcyde
Reggaeton Latino - Don Omar
Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
Sirena - Sin Bandera
A Dios Le Pido - Juanes
Stay With Me - Ne-Yo
(Thanks for sending that, Will!)
and La Bomba - Ricky Martin (don't knock it til you try it!)
On that note, I went for a short run today and realized that I do need to take a bit of a break from it...my legs, while not sore, need a rest. So, it's time to get back to my other favorite physical activity: salsa dancing!!

Thank you all again for your support. It's been great to have you with me on my journey! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No se si te había dicho que tengo cierta obsesión por conocer el gusto musical de las personas, así que agradezco que hayas compartido tu lista de canciones. Aunque la verdad no deja de ser un poco desconsolador que hayas incluido a Ricky Martin y Sin Bandera (!!??). Anyway. Ahora que tienes iPod puedes bajar un podcast llamado "Ritmo Latino", buena musica aunque el acento de la conductora es nefasto.
ai' nos vidrios

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home